We ask the Board of Trustees to submit a revised College budget proposal for 2023 that reflects an increase in operating funds.
We ask the Nassau County Legislature to reject any proposed College budget that does not include an increase in operating funds. The College administration and Board of Trustees’ current budget proposal is unsustainable.
Let’s build a strong future for SUNY Nassau/ NCC and Nassau County:
- Preserve and expand educational programs
- Serve more residents
- Waive student application fees
- Invest in the future: every $1 invested in SUNY Nassau returns $8 to the community.
More than a decade of defunding from New York state, along with 14 years of no increases from Nassau County for SUNY Nassau’s operational expenses, has led to faculty cuts, decreased programs and student services, and rising costs for students. This is not sustainable. We need policies that expand academic programming and services, and with that, enrollment. We can turn things around.
We need our Board of Trustees to present a revised budget proposal so that Nassau County legislators can, with their approval of it, increase SUNY Nassau’s funding, and the college can grow and meet the needs of the future. With your support, SUNY Nassau can expand programs in emerging and high-tech fields. If the NCC Board of Trustees does not submit a revised budget proposal for 2023 with an increase in operating funds, we ask the Nassau County legislature to reject their proposal.
A Great County Deserves a Great Community College
- Please sign the petition to the Board of Trustees and the Nassau legislature here.
You do NOT need to donate to change.org when you sign the petition!
- Contact Nassau County legislators by phone or email and ask them to “vote yes to NCCfor2023” (Nassau residents, see the link on this page to find your legislator.)
Here is a model letter
- Join us at the Nassau County Legislature, 1550 Franklin Ave, Mineola NY, on May 23 and June 27 at 3:30 p.m. On May 23, we will rally for a Board of Trustees that promotes the College’s future by incorporating an increase in the #23for203 increase in its operating budget.
- Provide us Contact Information. (Your Non-SUNY Nassau contact information will not be shared; it will be used for organizing.)
- Come to the June 14 Board of Trustees’ meeting and present why your department needs more operational funding.
- Spread the word; share the petition! change.org/launch23for2023 (No Donation Req’d)
This campaign is sponsored by NCCFT, co-sponsored by NYPIRG.
Questions? Contact email@example.com