Nominating petitions are available this afternoon by email for:
- NCCFT PRESIDENT
- NCCFT VICE PRESIDENT – CLASSROOM FACULTY
- NCCFT VICE PRESIDENT – NON-CLASSROOM/PROFESSIONAL FACULTY
- NCCFT SECRETARY
- NCCFT TREASURER
Officers of the Local shall also serve as delegates to meetings of the NYSUT Representative Assembly and its national affiliates. The term of offices runs from January 1, 2021 through May 31, 2023. Each candidate for officer must be a dues-paying member of the NCCFT with tenure at NCC prior to the petition date. (NCCFT By-Laws, Article II).
Due to COVID-19, the following procedure must be followed:
- People who want to run will email the office and receive by email a PDF of their petition pre-populated with their name and the date and a confirmation that they expressed a desire to run for (said office).)
- Upon receipt of the petition, candidates for the Executive Offices will be required to obtain the equivalent of 25 signatures of NCCFT members through the following process, which will not in this instance be construed as violating the college’s Acceptable Use policy:
- Prospective candidates will use their own NCC email account to solicit support for their candidacy from other NCCFT members. Candidates will be asked not to use the allftfaculty email to solicit emails or campaign.
- Those other members will signal their support by replying from their NCC email account to the candidate’s initial email with an affirmative statement—e.g., “Yes, I have signed John Doe’s petition.”
- This response must come from the signatory’s NCC email account (in order, as much as possible, to ensure the validity of the signatory).
- Once a prospective candidate has the requisite number of “signature emails,” they are responsible for compiling those emails and forwarding them, with the digital copy of the petition they originally received, to the email addresses of the Tellers Committee co-chairs firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org by the cut-off date. Candidates for officers may also submit a statement of no more than 100 words as well as a photo and link to their own website by the same deadline noted below. These will be accepted only through email.
Petitions, emails, statements, photo and link must be electronically returned to the NCCFT office by noon on Monday, September 14, 2020.
Ballots and candidates’ statements will be sent by Election Buddy via NCC email to each NCCFT dues-paying member of the NCCFT on or about 8:00 AM on Thursday, October 8, 2020.
Voting will end at noon on Thursday, October 22, 2020. Results will be announced by Monday, October 26, 2020.
During the election period ending noon on October 22, 2020 and upon the request of a bona fide candidate, the NCCFT will make available:
- campaign literature mailing at the candidate’s request and own expense
- the opportunity for a candidate to inspect the union’s membership list at a mutually agreed to location once within 30 days before the election
- the opportunity for a candidate to post, through the union website, a link to their own campaign material
Any challenge or protest concerning an election must be put in writing with specific details and addressed to the NCCFT Elections Committee chair, email@example.com